What’s it all about?
Science at Orchard School follows a two-year programme at Key Stage 3.
We build on the Science knowledge already gained in primary school and cover topics across Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
We offer an entry level certificate in year 9 to some students to prepare them for their GCSE.
Year 10 and 11 students study double award Science, but have the option to take triple Science.
IN BRIEF: Science is all about understanding the world around us and the universe beyond. It is always exciting and always developing.
Our students have 3 lessons per week of Science at Key Stage 3 and 6 lessons per week at Key Stage 4.
You can click these links to view our Science curriculum content overviews:
Year 7 – Year 8 – Year 9 – Year 10 – Year 11.
- Fiona Fields, Head of Faculty: Science, BSc Physiology, MA Education
- Mat Grafton, BSc Applied Biology, MSc Ecotoxicology
- Viv Hayles
- Kate Richards, Assistant Headteacher, BSc Natural Science, MA Education
- Adam Payne
- Sarah Barker, BSc Pharmacology
- Madeleine Selman, Second in Science MSc in Ecology and Conservation
- Aimee Bovill
- Sharen Cordy, Science Technician
- Mrs Lan Wang, Science Technician
- BBC Science - interesting articles and videos related to the world of science.
Follow us on Twitter, @OrchardScience!