SMSC - what we do
We aim to ...
- Provide a coherent assembly, PSHE and tutor time programme which enables all four aspects to be delivered at appropriate times and in an age-appropriate manner.
- Provide moments for student reflection within tutor time sessions.
- Provide opportunities which inspire and excite students about the world around them.
- Provide opportunities for wider participation through our weekly enrichment lesson and through further extra-curricular activities
- Promote student voice via the School Student Council.
- Promote student leadership, providing all students with the opportunity to become a student leader.
- Provide opportunities for students to practise democratic approaches, preparing them for their future role in society.
- Ensure that all students can recognise that whilst people may hold different views which are to be respected, they have a clear understanding of right from wrong.
Beyond the Curriculum
- Student Leadership:
- Student Support
- Curriculum Leaders
- Student Council
- Culture and Community Leaders
- Sports Leaders
- Student council and prefect elections
- Regular and purposeful student voice through the student curriculum leaders and student council
- Whole school musical
- Fundraising events
- Sporting events
- Enrichment lessons – Wednesday p6
- Curriculum trips
- National days/religious festivals celebrations
- Career/employability events
- Primary links with feeder schools