Hardship fund application
The Hardship Fund is a discretionary source of financial help available to all registered school students. The aim of the fund is to help students who have difficulties in paying for:
- Curriculum trips and visits;
- Uniform, shoes or sports kit;
- Equipment (e.g. calculator or ingredients for cookery classes);
- Emergency travel expenses to/from school
Payments from the fund are discretionary and if awarded do not need to be repaid.
The school will consider requests for hardship funding from the following groups of students:
- Students in receipt of free school meals;
- Students in families with very low income;
- Students with disabilities;
- Students who have recently been in care.
Your child/ren may be eligible for grants from our hardship fund if:
- A household income is below £20,000
- A student whose parents are currently claiming other means-tested benefits such as Universal Credit, ‘new style’ Jobseekers Allowance or ‘new style’ Employment and Support Allowance
- The decision of the Headteacher, any student who does not fall under the categories listed above but consider themselves to be in financial hardship.
Please note that proof of benefits is required if not already registered for Free School Meals or eligible for Pupil Premium. Proof of benefit must have been issued within the last six months.
How to apply to the Hardship Fund
An application form must be completed.
Click on either of the links below for form.
The application will remain confidential and will be considered by the Headteacher together with the appropriate Pastoral Manager, given their knowledge of the student’s circumstances. If approved by the Headteacher, the application will be passed to the finance office for processing.
A student may be able to apply for hardship support at any time during the academic year. It may also be possible to apply more than once in an academic year, but usually only where circumstances have changed. Students cannot appeal a decision not to award a hardship grant as the Headteacher’s decision is final.