Welcome to our Library!
We are open every day until 4pm. All students are welcome to use the library for reading or homework at break, lunchtime, and after school during homework club. We have thousands of books and resources available to use in school or to borrow and take home. As well as books we have a range of magazines and periodicals to support curriculum needs as well as students' wider interests. We also have a bank of Chromebooks available for students to borrow during lunchtimes and homework club.
We are adding new books to our library every week so do come in and see what is available! Any questions can be directed to our friendly librarian Marion Andrews, pictured right.
You can search the library catalogue from any school computer at: http://oliserver:8180/ (please note that this link only works when accessed from on-site).
Here is a range of forthcoming library events:
- 5th February: Safer Internet Day - find out about safe search skills.
- 7th February: 'Send a card to a friend' Day - pick up a card, write a message to a friend, and post it in the library letterbox!
- 13th February: Bristol Teen Book Awards final - opportunity to visit the awards ceremony and meet the shortlisted authors.
- 14th February: Alternative Valentines - discover some non-traditional romance and anti-romance novels.
- Week commencing 24th February: Eating Disorders Awareness Week - explore relevant books and find sources of help.
- 5th March: World Book Day - enjoy a staff costume competition, hear the announcement of the YA Literature Award shortlist, and begin the 'read a million words' challenge.
- 8th March: International Women's Day - celebrate female authors and pioneers.
- Week commencing 9th March: British Science Week - meet a scientist and investigate further.
- 19th March: Carnegie Award shortlist announced - engage and vote for a winner!