Orchard is very much a school at the heart of the community. Our priority is the best possible education for our children but our mission goes well beyond the classroom. The school actively works with community groups, developing partnerships with different organisations.
By working in partnerships, we:
- provide enriching experiences for our students who learn how important their community is, and how they cam make a difference in the future - this builds their own sense of agency.
- raise our students' aspirations and broaden their horizons to the opportunities available to them.
- support the continual professional development of our staff, ensuring best practice is shared
- support our students' own families and the wider community
- support city-wide initiatives and priorities
We are very lucky that our community supports the school providing us with volunteers to support with mentoring, aspirations and reading support for our students. We are also indebted to all the local companies that provide our students with work experience opportunities and in school support with events such as our mock interview days and careers events.
Want to work with us?
We are always interested in working with individuals and organisations in our community, so if you are keen to find out more, please contact our Partnerships Manager, Helen Howard, on email@example.com.
- Bath Spa University
- Bridge Learning Campus
- Bristol Education Partnership
- Bristol Women's Commission
- Bristol Works
- Chartered College of Teaching
- Creative Youth Network
- Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme
- Empire Fighting Chance
- Engineering Development TrustEnterprise Advisors and Coordinators from WECA
- Filton Avenue Primary School
- Future Quest
- Lockleaze Youth and Play Partnership
- Love Horfield
- Love Lockleaze
- North Bristol Post-16 Centre
- Parson Street Primary School
- Range of local employers e.g. Geneco, PWC, the NHS, Erwin Mitchell, BAE Systems and St Monica's Trust
- University of Bristol
- University of the West of England
- and the list is growing...
Each year the school supports a charity and makes efforts to fund-raise for the charity.
Our charity for 2020 and 2021 is North Bristol Food Bank
In recent years, we have also supported:
- Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal - supporting Bristol Children's Hospital
- Mind - supporting mental health
- Shelter - supporting homelessness
- Islamic Relief UK - an independent non-governmental organisation founded in the UK by medical doctors and activities to save and transform the lives of people caught in disasters across the world, as well as working with local communities - regardless of race, religion or gender.