With One Voice
With One Voice Partnership is a collaboration between Orchard School Bristol, Filton Avenue Junior School, Filton Avenue Infant School and Upper Horfield Community School, along with other community groups. The aim of the partnership is to promote learning among the whole community by engaging families in exciting and inspiring events.
One of our showcase events is our annual Community Fun Day, which sees Orchard School transformed for a day into a place for the community to come together to enjoy music, performance, games and fun activities. In 2012, the event was opened by Paralympic athlete and torch bearer Blaire Hannan and it was a great success.
We also run a summer programme which sees whole series of exciting activities for all ages such as family trips to Barry Island, rock climbing and street dance.
With One Voice Aims:
- To promote community cohesion, resilience and confidence in the community served by the partnership schools
- To promote attitudes and behaviour that enable parents and prospective parents to take a lead in the governance of schools and the advocacy of community provision in the community served by the community partnership schools
- To promote cooperation at all levels between the stakeholders in the partnership schools
- To increase attendance at school
- To improve the aspirations and achievements of all pupils across the age range.
With One Voice Activities:
- To organise community engagement activities on the premises of local school.
- To provide support of vulnerable families via a Parent Support Worker
- To provide leadership training for school pupil councils and parent councils
- to make links with Neighbourhood Partnerships and Local Government
- To organise an annual Community Fun Day
See below for the full Constitution: