A warm welcome to Orchard School Bristol from Headteacher Mrs Julia Hinchliffe
Orchard School opened in Horfield in 2008 in a fantastic modern building, to serve our local community. We are a mixed 11-16 academy, with 800 students, and our school community reflects the richly diverse local area. We pride ourselves on our harmonious atmosphere and the care we show for each child.
We are one community of adults and young people working together to make sure that each child is supported in fulfilling their potential - academically, socially and emotionally. We are ambitious for everyone – we expect the best from everyone.
What will you find here?
- A calm, purposeful environment
- Staff who know your child individually and really care about them
- Strong communication with parents
- A broad curriculum, with opportunities to excel in academic subjects, in sports, creative subjects or technology
- Highly skilled teachers, many of whom are GCSE examiners
- Enthusiastic students who are ambitious about their futures, and who are determined to achieve academic success
Our students feel that they belong to Orchard School – they appreciate that their tutor and their teachers know them well and will support them to meet the ambitious targets we set in their learning. They also understand that they have a voice and that they are actively involved in shaping the future of Orchard School.
As a member of Trust in Learning Academies, our aim is simple: to become the outstanding provision our community deserves. We are building success on the core ORCHARD values of being:
Creative and Curious
We are proud of the academic results that our students have achieved, but we believe that the success we have as a school is much deeper than this and is due to our hardworking, committed staff and the supportive learning environment we provide to ensure our students have the best opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in the school. If you would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Mrs Julia Hinchliffe