What’s it all about?
At Orchard School, our Key Stage 3 programme of study has been developed in line with the National Curriculum and is designed to develop a broad knowledge of games, aesthetics, athletics, striking and fielding, Outdoor and Adventure, and health and fitness.
Through practical experience students develop their leadership, communication and analytical skills.
Our popular KS4 options include GCSE PE and a VCERT qualification. New to core sports in Year 10 is the option of gaining additional qualifications in coaching and officiating.
IN BRIEF: Sports Studies is all about promoting the lifelong benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle, focused on performance, coaching, analysis and officiating.
We recommend that all students wear a gum shield for all hockey and rugby lessons. They are available from PE at a cost of £1 but will need to be molded at home. Students with braces should contact their dentist before purchasing.
- Lea Pemberton-Heard, Head of Sports Studies, BSc (Hons) Sports Science
- Phillip Keeling-Burton, BSc (Hons) Sports Education
- Daniel Pitt, BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Sciences with Accounting and Financial Management
- Charlotte Strickland, BSc(Hons) Sport and PE
- Get Set Road to Rio - Earn Values Awards as part of the Leadership Academy!
Follow us on Twitter @OrchardSchoolPE!