Pupil Premium and Free School Meals
Published on 20/09/16
Your child could be entitled some important funding, which will help support them during their secondary education.
Are you a parent/carer who claims the following benefits?
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
If so, your child could be entitled to receive free school meals, as well as Pupil Premium funding for the school.
For further information about how to claim, please read an important letter published by the Mayor's Office.