You can find out about each of our subjects, here.
Students in Years 7-8 (Key Stage 3) study the following subjects:
- English and Drama
- Modern Foreign Languages (French and Spanish)
- Humanities (History, Geography, Religious Education)
- Art and Music
- Design & Technology (including Food Technology)
- Physical Education (including Dance)
- Personal & Social Health Education (PSE) and Citizenship
- ICT (Information and Communications Technology)
Year 9 is a transition year. Most students start their Key Stage 4 curriculum in Year 9, which includes choosing courses in Design and the Arts as well as taking a BTEC Science. Students start English and Maths GCSE courses in preparation for sitting exams in Year 10.
Key Stage 4 Options
Most students in Years 10 and 11(Key Stage 4) follow a key curriculum of:
- English (Language and Literature)
- Mathematics GCSE
- Science (Double Award) GCSE
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Personal & Social Health Education ( including careers, citizenship and money matters)
- Careers Education
Plus a choice from:
- GCSE Subjects: Geography, History, RE, French, Spanish, ICT, English Literature, Sport, Art, PE, PSHE, Business Studies, Child Development
- BTEC Subjects: Engineering, Health and Social Care
- Certificate Courses: Work Skills, Equality and Diversity, Performing Arts, ASDAN Wider key skills, English as a Foreign Language.
- AND additional extended course to challenege the most able, including Triple Science and Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Please download the documents below for more information on all the course that are being offered at KS4 at Orchard School Bristol 2012-2015
For coursework advice please download the documents below.
Year 10 Key Information for Parents
For key information for Year 10 students; exams, revision, work experience, please see the document below.
Student Privacy Notice
See below for the Privacy Notice.